Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Hauls of 2014...so far.

Oh wow, I haven't done a book haul post since last September?! I know I haven't bought a lot of books, but that's crazy! I've been posting them lately on my Instagram so I'm going to do a quick overview of my bookstore and library hauls for the new year so far. And I made a new graphic for them...do you like it? :) That's my actual to-read shelf, so it's a hodge-podge of books.


Okay, my first haul of the year was courtesy of the library and had two big hits, a decent read, and a snooze-fest. I'll let you decide which was which lol.
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz
Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski
A Midsummer Night's Scream by RL Stine

My next haul was thanks to a little bit of cash and a lot of luck at Half Price Books. I very rarely find any of the graphic novels I'm reading there, but I found volume 1 & 2 of Morning Glories, which I had been wanting to try for a long time. Review will be coming up of those some time this week! I also found the 3rd in the Hater series by David Moody, which was slightly annoying because I still needed the 2nd one lol. So I ordered it cheap on Amazon and am excited to start on those soon. And finally Shrinking Violet.

In between here somewhere, I picked up two holds from the library, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and Cress by Marissa Meyer. Both loooooved.
Next up is my library haul from this weekend. I'm reading Eleanor & Park right now and it is so good. I seriously need all of Rowell's books for my very own.
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd -impulse pick! But dangit, just realized it's a series. I hope they have all of them.

And finally, another Half Price Books haul this weekend. I couldn't help myself, I had that 20% off coupon burning a hole in my phone lol. I only spent $18 total though, so a great deal! Do you like my fancy graphics? I'm finally using the 50 thousand photo apps on my phone lol.
Messenger & Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry-sequels to The Giver
2 Wayside School books by Louis Sachar
Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray-3rd book in the Gemma Doyle series, I'm on the 2nd right now.

And that's it for now...what was your last big book haul? I want to see or hear about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment