Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Another Book Haul? Yes, Please!


Hi, my name is Jenn and I'm addicted to buying books. :) I do this every year around springtime. Some people give their mini-blinds a good washing and air out their mattresses (I don't even know if that's a real thing) but me? I stock up on enough books to (logically) last me thru the end of the year. Luckily, I slow down once summertime hits. I've been contemplating buying a new bookshelf too, I desperately need one. I'm even considering getting rid of other furniture to make room for more than one hah! Okay, let's get on to the haul, yes? This was all purchased at Half Price Books for $40, which averaged out to $2.85 per book. Lots of good clearance buys this time!


I think I'm slowly turning into an Austen-ite. I bought 3 books on the clearance shelf by her: Northanger Abbey, Persuasion (which my Goodreads says I already have? not sure), and Emma. I am actually pretty excited to try them.

My sister (who was kind enough to follow me around and carry my basket lol) insisted I get Pippi Longstocking. When I was sick a few weeks ago, I got sucked into the new cartoon, so that should be fun. I was excited to find the first 3 Willow Falls books by Wendy Mass, I just need to pick up the last one sometime. (Reviews of all 4 books here.) And yes, I got two Gossip Girl books. I know, they're so trashy and they're not even as good trashy as Sweet Valley High, but I just really need to finish the series out now. And I am so mad because I just realized I'm still missing one! That is soooo irritating! Rounding out the young adult, I couldn't resist a good spooky Lois Duncan book on clearance, Locked in Time. I don't think I've actually read this one.

The Paris Wife is one I've heard lots of good things about, along with Code Name Verity (even the girl at the cashier said she loved this one!) Hopefully The Paris Wife doesn't drown in my "no Hemingway" quirk. :) And next to last is an impulse buy called The Beginning of After. It looks dark and depressing, but also interesting.

Okay, my last purchase I was so excited about, I might have squealed a little. I had this BSC Chain Letter book as a kid and I got rid of it. I know, the only BSC book I ever got rid of! It doesn't have the friendship bracelet (darn!) but everything else looks intact. I'll probably review this as a real BSC book eventually. :)


And that's my haul! Hopefully the last one for a while, my bookshelf and wallet can't take anymore! Lol...what have you bought lately? I want to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment