Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Book Haul: Summer-Fall 2015

I haven't gotten a whole lot of new books since my last haul-palooza, but thought I'd share what I picked up over the summer thru fall. And I want to know: what's the last book you got, either from the library or bought? Tell me below! (Click any pics to make bigger!)

First up are two small, but good, library stacks. Unfortunately, I ended up not reading 4 of these before returning them! I just wasn't feeling them for one reason or another. Don't you hate that? (I'll just link back to the ones I did read.)
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion --think Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory. I'd really like to pick up the sequel soon.
Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid --review coming next week!
The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London #3) by Maureen Johnson --I couldn't wait for my sister to get this so I picked it up at the library. The first one is definitely the best.
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour --my review here, loved it!

Next up, two graphic novel hauls...all single issue comics. I've actually been getting into those more lately, I was strictly a trade paperback or volume girl before. But I really wanted to try these first 3 out, so I gave in. I'm really glad I did, because I loved all of them! Now I have to figure out a new organizing system. Yay! (not sarcasm lol.)
Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan --I just realized I have a different cover for the first one, weird. I found #2-8 one night at Half Price Books but sadly didn't have any money at the time, so I put them back (in the correct spot). I came back a few weeks later, with money, and they were still there! It was meant to be. :)
Jem & The Holograms by Kelly Thompson --this series is NOT based from the movie (which I heard did horribly boo) but really a reboot of the original. I never watched the show much as a kid but did have a coloring book at my grandma & pop's that I always enjoyed. 
Groot by Jeff Loveness --I LOVE GROOT! So how could I not give this a shot?? And it was my favorite of the bunch. :) Don't let his simplistic vocabulary fool you, this guy can communicate!

And finally, two highly anticipated reads...
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy --I'll be reviewing next week, but check out this Baby-Sitters Club shoutout!
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell --I am right in the middle of this and OMG I LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH!! (yes, all CAPS were necessary!)

No comments:

Post a Comment