Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books on My Shelf I Still Haven't Read

This week's Top Ten Tuesday over on The Broke & The Bookish was a freebie, so I checked out their archives and decided on "10 Books on My Shelf I Still Haven't Read". (Their post here, if you're interested!) I currently have 18 books on my to-read shelf, but I know it's actually a lot more than that. I never added all the books I got last fall at the Half Price warehouse sale (I really hope they do that again this year!!) But these are books that have been on there for a while or I actually bought on purpose and not randomly.

1. Odd Hours: Odd Thomas #4 by Dean Koontz -I am ashamed to say that this has been on my shelf since Aug 2008. I was very into Koontz books for a long time and loved the other Odd Thomas books. But I think by the time this one came out, I was mostly over them. I think I'll read it eventually though, which is why I've kept it.

2. A Lion Among Men: The Wicked Years #3 by Gregory Maguire -Also from 2008 eesh. I think I actually started this one, but couldn't stay interested because it had (again) been so long since I'd read the others. I'll probably have to do a reread of the whole series eventually. And I think there's even a 4th one out now?

3. The Mysterious Benedict Society (#3) & The Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart -arg, another series book. This one is from 2009 and another I need/want to reread the series first. And another, another that I think has a new one out. Maybe I should make August "Clear off your dang To-Read Shelf!!" month lol.

4. The Summer Before: The Baby-Sitters Club #0 by Ann M Martin -okay, this one isn't as bad. I got it last year when I was finishing up my collection of BSC books and I don't plan on reading it til I finish the series, so it's going to be on my shelf for a looooong time lol.

5. The Reckoning: Darkest Powers #3 by Kelley Armstrong -I almost sold this whole series a while back, without even reading the 3rd book, but I stopped myself just in time.

6. The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks -I loved this book as a kid and found it one day at HPB, I'm really looking forward to reading it again and seeing how it stands up.

7. The entire Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar -I know, I know. I got the whole series at the HPB warehouse sale for an insane price. I read the first one, thought it was pretty bad, nothing like the TV series (which I love and am a season behind, so no spoilers please!). I read that they get better after the first one, but haven't picked it up yet.

8. Lover Unleashed: Black Dagger Brotherhood #9 by JR Ward -I'm waiting for the right time to read this one. :) Yum.

9. Bitterblue: Graceling Realm #3 by Kristin Cashore -so excited to read this one still, but some books need to be savored, you know? I'm thinking within the month though.

10.Bite Club: Morganville Vampires #10 by Rachel Caine -I just picked this one up the other day. I love this series so much (like numbers 8 and 9), I want it to last forever. Plus, it's a quick read so I'll probably pick it up on a weekend and finish it in a day. :)

6 comments:

  1. Indian in the Cupboard is one of my favorite children's stories and I just finished up the Graceling series with Bitterblue. I thought it was the best of the three. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored The Indian in the Cupboard books growing up! They're soo fun! I have Bitterblue but haven't read it yet either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for old school books! :) And Bitterblue lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely should get to Bitterblue soon. It's very good (not as good as the other books though).

    Happy reading!
    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I don't get many people who have even heard of this series, so yay! :)

      Delete