The Broke & The Bookish is one that I actually just did recently on a freebie week, so I thought I'd switch it up a little. Then I realized that I'd already done what I was going to do too...10 Books I'd Turn Into Movies. Boo, now what? How about my Top 10 (or as far as I get) most anticipated book to movie adaptations? Sure, why not. :)
1. The Cousins' War series by Philippa Gregory (showing on STARS TV) --I've only read the first in this series, The White Queen, but I really liked it and have the second already. I think it'll make a great miniseries...too bad I don't have cable though!
2. Horns by Joe Hill --I haven't actually read this book yet, but it's on my to-buy and anything with Daniel Radcliffe is okay by me!
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins --duh. Can't wait! I think it's crazy that I've only read this series once, when Mockingjay came out...I am making it a fall goal to reread the series before this comes out!
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak --this was probably my favorite book in 2011, so I am apprehensively excited about this movie lol. I really, really want it to transfer well but it's such a huge plot that I'm not sure if it will.
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead --live action will definitely be better than the graphic novel, right? I'm actually wondering if this would be better as a TV series, since it's so long and could spin-off into the Bloodlines series. And they better put Adrian in or I will boycott lol.
6. Divergent by Veronica Roth --super excited about this one, since I just read it recently.
7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver --as much as I disliked the ending of the series, I'd still love to see this first book movie-style.
8. Uglies by Scott Westerfield --I don't think this one is confirmed yet, but I think it would be amazing (as my 13 yo sis would say lol). You can view the official book trailer on Westerfield's blog also!
9. Locke & Key by Joe Hill --I just discovered this graphic novel series and have only read the first 2, but I am in love with it already and so excited to hear it is being made into a movie!
10.The Fault in Our Stars by John Green --I can't believe I almost forgot about this one! Yes, it is going to make me cry like a teenage girl who just broke up with her boyfriend and is now watching The Notebook, but I don't care! ;)
And 2 book to movie adaptation I am NOT looking forward to and should just go straight to the chopping block:
50 Shades of Gray --how how how are they going to make that a movie viewable by anyone??
Hush, Hush --more Twilight-ish, stalkery, watch you while you sleep, I love you so much I have to kill you, love story? No thanks.