Thursday, November 7, 2013

TILT: Fall Necessities

It's finally, finally getting cold for good here in Texas and I am so happy. Maybe now it will feel like Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner (eep!). So I've been all about the fall goodies lately. What things do you love in the fall? These are my main essentials for a perfect fall afternoon.



A big stack of books comes first, of course. I had excellent luck at the library last week and I've already read 3 of these! (Review of The Last Present went up yesterday) I have a couple of books on hold for me again too that I need to pick up this weekend. There's just something about having a bunch of different genres and styles of books to browse thru all afternoon.

Hot cocoa or your hot beverage of choice. It's still comfortable enough to have the window open a crack, so you can use your coziest blanket and sip on your salted caramel hot cocoa yum. I actually really like the cheap Swiss Miss cocoas especially if you add in some chocolate kisses or a candy cane stirrer. :)


I like to have some background noise on when I read. On Sundays it is usually a football game, which is fine. But lately I've been really into classical music again. (Partly because of The Lucy Variations which I'll be reviewing soon.) The only classical I have on my phone right now is Yundi Li's Vienna Recitals, so I've been listening to playlists on 8Tracks a lot.

And finally, I must have a comfy reading chair or spot with my kitty cat & a cozy blanket --(chair pic by babyjidesign on Flickr, blanket pattern can be found at The Purl Bee) I'm kind of a blanket hoarder lol. I just can't help myself, if it's super soft fleece or a nubby afghan or a cotton quilt that always stays cool but keeps you warm, I need it! And where there's a blanket, there's a Binky Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment