Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Book Haul: Graphic Novels Version


Okay, I've gone a little book buying crazy since my last haul post. That darn tax refund lol. Oh well, I always seem to stock up on lots of books in the spring so this will last me a good ways thru summer at least. Hopefully. This is a mixture of Amazon and Half Price Books and I thought I'd split it up, since there are so many. So today, I'm sharing the graphic novels and in a few days, I'll share the rest of the books!

First up is the sequel to Vampire Academy, Frostbite. This has been on the back burner for a while, but I'm in a graphic novel mood lately (obviously), so I decided to go ahead and get it. I'm excited to see how Adrian is portrayed.

I like to get more than one volume at a time in series that I'm reading, just so it feels like the story progresses some and I'm impatient. So I picked up 3&4 of Chew and Morning Glories. Tony Chu (Chew) is a Cibopathic detective, which means he solves crimes by taking a bite of the dead people. Gross but good so far.


I am super excited about Locke & Key #5 by Joe Hill. This is an amazing series and I highly recommend it! The final arc, #6, just came out last month and the only thing I'm annoyed about is that I didn't start buying these in hardbound, because now I have to wait forever-ever to get the paperback of the last one. I know, I'm so anal about that.

And finally, I happened upon a graphic novel adaptation of Dorian Gray at HPB this weekend. I didn't know there was such a thing, but since that was my classic for February, I figured it was kismet or something. ;) I'm going to try to read it sometime this week probably.

I'm pretty sure you will be seeing more graphic novel hauls from me throughout the year, because I came across this fantastic blog, Comics & Cola, who provided a list of the 20 most anticipated novels for 2014. And I want at least 15 of them! Have you picked up any graphic novels lately? What's on your to-buy list? Anything I absolutely must try? You can click on my "graphic novel" tag below if you need more suggestions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment