Thursday, March 6, 2014

Books Book Haul

Alright y'all, I'm back with the second half of my book buying frenzy. (Graphic Novels here) This is a pretty eclectic mix, even for me! And...I forgot about my eBooks, so I'm going to add them in here too. But let's start with the physical books: all but 2 were bought at HPB.

First up is Travels With Charley, to save up for my Summer of Steinbeck part 3. :) I didn't realize this was an autobiography of sorts, so that should be an interesting read! I also (re)bought the first Wayside School book and am reading it right now. I'm going to do a (hopefully) fun different thing for my review of this series soon.

Backward Compatible by Sarah Daltry & Pete Clark was one that I won on Goodreads and I'm super excited to read it! "A YA gamer geek romantic comedy in the vein of Scott Pilgrim and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.  WARNING: There is no sex in this book. Your Kindle or other device will remain at a pleasant room temperature. At no point will your panties drop. Your significant other will be allowed to snore in peace as you read." Sounds fun right? And the authors even signed the inside and a matching bookmark for me! :)


I finally got the 4th Bloodlines book, The Fiery Heart. I am really looking forward to it, the series has really picked up for me and I almost like it more than Vampire Academy right now. I think it all has to do with Adrian, I just love him so much more than Dimitri. (I know, blasphemy!) And last, 2 impulse buys...The Meanest Doll in the World, part of a super cute series by Ann M Martin and my first reviews on my blog! It was in the clearance section, so I had to snatch it up. The Very Picture of You was on my to-buy list, although I don't remember why (don't you hate that?), but it was cheap so I bought it.

And here's my Kindle eBooks I've gotten in the last month or so...all were $3.00 or less!

Haunted by Eileen Maksym -a good Twitter friend asked me to read this and review it for her friend, so I'm ready to be spooked! :)

The Boys of Summer #1 by CJ Duggan -I've been wanting this one since last summer and I think it might fit the Summer Romance Formula, so I will probably save it for hot temps and sunshine in July!

Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell -after reading North & South, I really wanted to try another of Gaskell's books and this one looked good.

The Moment Before by Suzy Vitello -another Summer Romance? Maybe with a dark twist?

The Girl with the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir -I just heard of this book the other day and I can't remember where now, but how cute is that cover?!

No comments:

Post a Comment