Thursday, March 3, 2016

Update Part 2: A new year!

Oh hi, more picture updates yay! Since the beginning of the year, I've read 25 books already. Not too shabby. And my cat has been on or around me for nearly every book. :) I've really gotten into the single issue comics (which I do NOT count towards my Goodreads goal, discussion?) I even had to come up with a new filing system because they were crowding my bookshelf. I got these clear open-top file boxes from Container Store and the boards from Amazon (I tried cutting my own but it was a huge pain) and they fill it in nicely. I am loving all of these pictured below but am always up for suggestions! I'm not totally comfortable in my local comic book shop yet, but getting there. (Except game night, that was scary.)


I'm really loving Jem and already bought the first volume of it. You should definitely check it out! And look at this lovely watercolor from Helena Rose, I can't wait to see where it goes.
Twilight Sparkle is my spirit animal pony

In non-comics, I finished The Lunar Chronicles series (LOVED)...oh wait, that's kind of comic news too, because Marissa Meyer just announced recently that she's going to continue the story in graphic novel form with Iko! I finally read We Were Liars and was blown away. I decided to read the Bridget Jones series because the 3rd movie is coming out this year. I read the first 2 way back when they first came out and just rediscovered the 1st movie a year ago, so it was fun to dive back into this world. And I related to Bridget a lot more this time around lol.
 

I squealed over the new Harry Potter play book news, like everyone else. (It's not a prequel.) Are you going to buy each edition as it comes out or wait for the final, polished version? I also discovered a fanfic story that's been very enjoyable so far. After the End by Sugar Quill is set after the war and takes liberties on who actually died and who lived (which I, personally, am happy about).

I went to the Dallas Museum of Art and picked out some new bookshelves. :)

And I had fun taking super nerdy pictures lol.


That pretty much brings us up to the present! I'm currently reading The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street at work and the 12th Black Dagger Brotherhood and the 53rd Baby-Sitters Club book at home. :) So, now it's your turn! Update me on what you're reading right now, what your best read of the year is so far, what I should read next, anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment