Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Review: "Witch Way to Murder: Ophelia & Abby Mystery #1"

Witch Way to Murder: Ophelia & Abby Mystery #1 by Shirley Damsgaard
2 out of 5 stars

This was recommended to me by one of my Twitter friends and it looked interesting, so I picked it up at Half Price a while back. It wasn't the best, but I might get the next one if I see it...just to give it another chance!

Ophelia Jensen is a psychic librarian in the small town where her witchy grandmother, Abby, lives. Ophelia doesn't want anything to do with her "other worldly" powers ever since she was unable to prevent something bad happening to her best friend. She's forced to start using them again though when weird things start happening in her town and a hot stranger shows up asking all kinds of questions.

I felt like we didn't get nearly enough time on Ophelia's back story or her powers. The author kind of glosses over the grandmother's "Mountain Magick" too and I would have enjoyed seeing more of that. I actually really enjoyed the other characters quite a bit though. Ophelia's coworker and eventually friend Darci is sassy and actually very smart. Handsome stranger Rick is funny and pretty interesting. I would probably pick up the 2nd book for those 2 alone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment