The Broke & Bookish is Top 10 Best "genre" books...I decided to go ahead and do historical fiction too. Just because lol.
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak--obviously this is my number 1; I feel really strongly that everyone should read this at some point in their lives.
2. Night by Eli Weisel--I read this one in 9th grade I think and it has stuck with me since then. I'd like to reread it at some point. Also, I never knew it was actually a trilogy. Huh.
3. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory--it's been a long time since I read this; pre-2008 since it's not even on my Goodreads list lol. Any Philippa Gregory books (Alison Weir also) could go on this list for me...I went through a huge faze of historical fiction books for a while and I gobbled hers up. I have The White Queen in my TBR pile and I'm excited to get into it soon.
4. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen--a very recent read for me, but one I very much enjoyed!
5. The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen--I think these would count don't you? Set in the early 1900s with plenty of fashion, intrigue, suspense and more! :)
6. Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman by Dorothy Sterling--I looooved this book as a child. I think I still have it somewhere.
7. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank--another that should really be on everyone's list.
8. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare--when I was searching lists on Goodreads for ideas, this one popped up. I wouldn't have thought of it on my own, but I remember reading it and loving it as a young teenager.
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee--I'm actually about to start reading this for my Classic a Month, but I originally read it in high school I believe? Maybe 8th grade.
10. The Help by Kathryn Stockett--This is also on my TBR list and I was excited to see it come up on several peoples Top 10 lists.