Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me! :)

Today is my birthday, hence the title, so I wanted to do an update of sorts and you know, get more birthday wishes. ;) Just kidding...here, watch this video first. I just discovered DJ TopCat and I really like it. My favorite is the Eazy E & Johnny Cash mashup (sorry, I think of Glee whenever I use that word. :P) of Folsom Prison.


I went over to my mom's with my sister last night to celebrate...my sis got me the new Graceling book, Bitterblue which just came out yesterday and I am soooooo excited about (and I love the cover)!! And also Scott Westerfeld's new graphic novel companion to the Uglies series, Shay's Story. She must really love me to go in a bookstore by herself lol. She also got me 2 giant keys to hang on my wall from Hobby Lobby (craft store)....I love skeleton keys and I think I'm going to make a whole wall of them. And my mom got me the best gift of all...cash lol. Plus, she bought me Chipotle for dinner yum. Oh and Sprinkles cupcakes for desert omnomnom. I think I'm going to use the cash on the Super Mario All-Stars game, because I'm a big old nerd. ;)

In other news, I think I'm going to skip a classic in May because 1. I read 2 in March for the HPB challenge and 2. I am going to read 1Q84 for my first online book club :) and that thing is hugemongous!! It's going to take me all month to read that lol. I'm okay with this decision and I already have a few bought to start back up in June.

I also think I'm going to skip my Annual Summer Reread of Harry Potter. I know this may be shocking to those who know me, but I think I need a break from it now that the last movie is finally out. The last few years, it's taken me to like October to finish because I just start dragging it out at the end. Plus, I know whole paragraphs by heart now. I think I'll probably go back to it next year and it will be all fresh and exciting again! And I'm going to try my hardest to get my sister to read them with me for the first time ever. :D

Okay, that's all I have right now...I am working on my review of The Princess Bride, so I should hopefully have that up this week. And maybe next week, some Baby-Sitters Club?? Hope so! And happy happy birthday month to all you other May babies!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment