Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The King of All Wild Things

This is a half update/half tribute post. I know I'm getting behind again and that stinks. May is a busy month: my birthday, my stepsis' birthday, Mother's Day, vacations, getting ready for summer, it's just a lot going on. But I am going to get back into it, I promise there won't be another 6 month long break like last year!

I'm right in the middle of Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 for my online book club and I am loving it so far! I'm also almost done with Hunger, the second book in the Gone series by Michael Grant. It is very creepy and very good and makes me very hungry lol. Oh and I picked up Rick Riordan's Heroes of Olympus #1 on a whim the other day (I loved Percy Jackson) and I'm about halfway thru that too. I'm obviously still reading, so that's never going to change. :)

I'm sure most of you have heard that Maurice Sendak passed away last week and maybe you've even done your own tribute to him. He was an amazing children's author and curmudgeony old man and he will be missed. Where the Wild Things Are is my all-time favorite children's book ever.

I have several copies of the book, statues, an amaaaaazing altered art book someone made me in a swap one year with it, t-shirts, magnets, cards, and probably some more stuff that I've forgotten about. I even had my mom make a Max costume for one of my Blythe dolls last year for Halloween. Isn't she cute? Lol...


I can't even say why this book resonates with me so deeply, it just does. So his death plus the Beastie Boys MCA really got me down for a while. Then I saw this on Pinterest and it made it a little better.


And then I remembered this hilarious video of "Christopher Walken" reading WTWA and I felt a lot better. So here you go and let the wild rumpus start...




No comments:

Post a Comment