Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I'd Turn Into Movies


This week's Top 10 on The Broke & The Bookish is a fun one! What books are you dying to see turned into movies? This was pretty easy for me actually...there are lots of books I'd love to see on the big screen.

1. The Thing About Jane Spring by Sharon Krum --this is definitely the one I MOST want to see turned into a movie. It's not a very well known book (at all) but it's so so good and I think it would make an excellent movie. I mean, come on! Just look at that cover! :) Jane Spring is a hard-core attorney but wants to find her "one true love". After a Doris Day marathon on TV one snowed-in weekend, she makes a drastic change.

2. Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins --one of my newest favorites; wouldn't this be such a cute teen love story?? As long as they don't cast Kristin Stewart and RPatz. Ugh...

3. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place by Maryrose Wood --kind of like Jungle Book or Lemony Snicket in some ways, I think this would be a great kid's movie or maybe animated? Three children are found living in the woods as wild animals and are forced to learn "high society" behavior.

4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak --because I think, if done well, it would be an incredible story that everyone needs to hear/see.

5. Any of Vicki Lewis Thompson's Nerds books, in particular Talk Nerdy to Me --because I'm shallow and would love to see some hot nerds lol. Also, hello?? Hovercraft! :)

6. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart --I saw this on someone else's list already and I agree, it would make a great live-action movie. Speaking of, I still have the 3rd book to read hmm....

7. The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci --a graphic novel (2 actually) about 4 girls named Jane who start an art tagging program to make their town beautiful. I think it would transfer well to the big screen.

8. Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 5) by Ann Brashares --because I want to cry uncontrollably obviously. :) *True Story: my sis and I saw the first Traveling Pants movie the same day we went to a funeral for a youngish relative. What were we thinking???*

9. The Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine --I think this would make an AWESOME TV series! Yes. Yes I do.

10. Garden Spells or any of Sarah Addison Allen's books --because they would be magical and full of sugary sweetness and I would love them.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see the Morganville Vampires made into a TV series too. Who would you cast for Claire and Shane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh...good question! Shane I've always pictured as a Ryder Strong type from his Boy Meets World days lol. For Claire, maybe someone like Elle Fanning? Hmm...I don't know! What do you think?

      Delete