Broke & The Bookish Top Ten Tuesday topic would be easy, until I realized how many awesome books I've read this year! So, I'm letting Goodreads decide. :) Here, in rating & then date order, are my Top 10 favorite books of 2012 (excluding rereads & BSC books).
1. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery 5/5 stars --loooooved it!!
2. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher 5/5 stars --this was one that I decided I couldn't review, but it is such a moving, heartfelt story it still deserved 5 stars.
3. Sweet Thursday and Cannery Row by John Steinbeck 5/5 stars (Winter of Our Discontent and Tortilla Flat both got 4/5 stars) --I was so pleasantly surprised by my new found love for Steinbeck this summer. I'm considering tackling one of his larger books next summer.
4. Saga: Vol 1 by Brian K Vaughan 4/5 stars --I just read this one last week, by my dad's suggestion, and really enjoyed it. It takes a bit to get into, but I can't wait to get the next volumes from him. According to Goodreads, this is an "epic space opera/fantasy comic book series...which depicts two lovers from long-warring extraterrestrial races." Sounds awesome, right? It is!
5. Soul Screamers: Vol 1 by Rachel Vincent 4/5 stars --I just got the 2nd volume yesterday in the mail and I am sooooo excited to start it!
6. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han 4/5 stars --I read this one in an evening (late Saturday night, party animal) and it enchanted me and broke my heart a little.
7. Echo by Terry Moore 4/5 stars --a great sci-fi graphic novel with hints of romance and friendship.
8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer 4/5 stars --I just finished this one a few days ago. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next books (but not the long wait!) but...I didn't think it was THE book of the year like most people. :/
9. Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts 4/5 stars --it was nice to read some straight romance books again this summer and this series was a great one!
10.Endless Summer (2 books in one vol) by Jennifer Echols 4/5 stars --this felt similar to Jenny Han's series, but in a happier time, if that makes sense. More lightheartedness and scheming. These also helped introduce Echols to me as a new favorite author.
And the runner-ups that all had 4/5 stars as well...so many great books this year!