Friday, February 1, 2013

My Favorite Bits: "Anna & The French Kiss"

So, I purchased Anna & The French Kiss on my Kindle last weekend when it was on super sale for $2.99 and I decided that I needed to reread it. Immediately. It's funny, I read it the first time on my phone with the Overdrive app from my library and then I bought the paperback because I needed it, and now read it the second time on my Kindle. So I haven't actually opened the paperback. But I still maintain that I needed it. :) Annnnyway...I read it this week at work and adored it just as much as the first time. And my favorite part of reading it on my Kindle was getting to highlight all my favorite lines/parts in the book! (I promise this isn't a Kindle advertisement lol) So I decided to share them with you on this lovely Friday. Consider any of these spoilers btw. Also, would it be weird to collect all the different covers of a book? Because I really love this cover too. Also, also, check out this drawing Stephanie posted of Anna, drawn by SiminiBlocker, so cute! (And the one of Cricket Bell! Adore!)

...and no one will invite me to watch the mimes escape from their invisible boxes, or whatever it is people do here in their spare time. pg 9 (on Kindle)

Boys turn girls into such idiots. pg 35 TRUTH!!

"Fo' shiz," he replies in his polite English accent. pg 57

It sucked balls. Dirty balls. Like I-ran-a-mile-in-July-wearing-leather-pants balls. pg 62

"That was pants."..."Pants?" "Rubbish. Crap. Shite." Pants. Oh heavens, that's cute. pg 81 I'm going to start saying "pants" instead of crap. :)

I wish for the thing that is best for me. pg 87 I like that. That is a good wish.

How can one person make me so confused all of the time? pg 180

Holy crap. I just slept with St. Clair. pg 181

It starts drizzling, so we pop into a bookshop across from Notre-Dame. The yellow-and-green sign reads SHAKESPEARE AND COMPANY...But it's not like a chain, where everything is neatly organized on shelves and tables and end caps. Here books totter in wobbly stacks, fall from the seats of chairs, and spill from sagging shelves. There are cardboard boxes overflowing with books, and a black cat naps beside a pile on the stairs. But the most astonishing thing is that all of the books are in English. pg 183-184 I NEED to go there!! Like for real.


Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place? pg 250 My all-time favorite quote. Ugh, it kills me.

How could I have ever for a moment believed I wasn't in love with him?...I love Etienne. pg 253 & 259 I'm annoyed I can't figure out how to do the accent mark. :(

"Whyareyougivingawaythecookies?" pg 269 Seriously, never give away Girl Scout cookies.

I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it. pg 310 My second favorite quote. :)

I want to breathe him, lick him, eat him, drink him. pg 311

"You said on my birthday that you were afraid of being alone, but I've been here this whole time. This whole time." pg 337

"You love him, and he loves you, and you live in the most romantic city in the world." pg 343

"But you once told me no one chooses their family." pg 350

But he bought me love poetry. pg 355 I love Pablo Neruda. I need to read him soon I think.

"I'm saying I'm in love with you! I've been in love with you this whole bleeding year!" pg 363 Le sigh.

"I love you as certain dark things are loved, secretly, between the shadow and the soul." pg 363 Stephanie Perkins, you are magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment