1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick --although it would probably be called "The Garretts" :) I adored this book and that gigantic family and think it would transfer really well to a half-hour sitcom, with those "serious" moments thrown in every now and then.
2. The Willow Falls series (book one here) by Wendy Mass --this would be an ABC Family series about a magical little town where weird things happen on your birthday. And it's all connected to the town matriarch, the old lady with the duck-shaped birthmark, played by Bette Midler hah!
3. Ten Rules for Living with My Sister by Ann M Martin --bet you thought I was going to put Baby-Sitters Club, huh? ;) Nah, it's been done. Ten Rules is another that's perfect for a half-hour sitcom (let's bring back TGIF!!)...about 2 sisters who don't always get along, but love each other fiercely. Aww...can't you see the opening credits already?? Two girls arguing in a messy room and at the end hugging and smiling cheesily at the camera. Lol...
4. House of Night (books 9-10 here) by PC Cast --not the best written books, but maybe it would work better as a TV show, especially on the CW. How could it not? Witches, beautiful people, good vs evil, plenty of stereotypes and corny catchphrases...I mean, come on! It's perfect for them. (Another one that would be perfect (and better written) is Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent!)
5. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han --this would be a summer special series, obviously, and would follow Belly's path of self-discovery, love, and heartache. Bonus: sun-kissed tan boys in board shorts all the time. :)
1. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson --it already has a built in movie soundtrack (which I have sloooowly been building on my 8Tracks for my upcoming review) and I think it has just the perfect amount of drama and comedic relief to show on the big screen.
2. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon --with all the super-hero movies out and so popular the last few years, it'd be fun to see one about the artists and the process and also a little bit of history thrown in.
3. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Cohn & Levithan --a romp around New York City at Christmastime? How could that not be a perfect movie?? And the girl will be played by Shailene Woodley, of course!
4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver --done well (which is the key to this Top 10, yes?), I think this would be an amazing movie. It could be so emotional and it has such an important message.
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern --just wishful thinking, because I love this book so much and would love to see the world brought to life. I'd prefer live-action, but I can totally see Tim Burton working his magic with it too.
(by KellyAngel, who also does this awesome comic
about looking pretty that everyone should see!!)