Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Authors I Own the Most Books By

Today's TTT topic on The Broke & The Bookish should be an interesting one! Using a fancy formula of checking my Goodreads stats + looking at old pictures of my bookshelves + trying to remember off the top of my head should = the authors I own the most books by. :) Luckily, I have some very recent pictures of my shelves, because the "off the top of my head" part always gets me.

The #1 author is easy, because it's Ann M Martin. :) I own the entire regular Baby-Sitters Club series + all the Super Specials, all the Friends Forever, all the Portraits, about 15 of the Mysteries, and 3-4 random BSC books. Total is around 185? Maybe more. These take up the whole bottom shelf, stacked upwards, plus another stack on my trunk. (A makeshift 3rd bookshelf lol.)


These are authors that I own a majority or all of a series they have written, so obviously lots of books! It's interesting to see that the majority of these are supernatural series. I still love me some vampire stories but have cut way down on them this year! I'm all about the contemporary romance now (much like most of the world!)

12 Books & Counting: Richelle Mead, Gena Showalter, Lemony Snicket
11 Books: PC Cast
10 Books: Sara Shepard, Cecily von Ziegesar, JR Ward, Charlaine Harris
5-9 Books: JK Rowling, Francine Pascal, Michael Grant, Rachel Caine, CL Stone, Joe Hill, Robert Asprin


And these are the authors that I own a hodge-podge of books by...some are multiple series, some I just really like their writing and devour everything they put out. :)

10-12 Books: Terry Moore, Brian K Vaughan, Mike Carey, Neil Gaiman, John Steinbeck, Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella, Marian Keyes (this is interesting because the first 4 are all graphic novelists! and the last 3 are "chick lit" authors that I've had forever-ever!)
5-9 Books: Scott Westerfeld, Christopher Pike, Vicki Lewis Thompson, Anna Godbersen, Gayle Forman, LM Montgomery
3-4 Books: Rachel Vincent, Ann Brashares, Nora Roberts, Jane Austen, Tarryn Fisher, David Moody, Libba Bray, Suzanne Collins


It's weird how much my taste has changed. It used to be tons of Dean Koontz, Mary Higgins Clark, Jodi Picoult, Piers Anthony, Phillipa Gregory. I love seeing the progression of change on my bookshelf though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment