So here are my goals that I made for the year:
I like the idea of having a word theme for the year so I've decided my word is "ORGANIZE". Organize my house (hanging pictures on our walls finally!), organize my books (new bookshelf?? I wish/hope!), organize my blog (at least 2 a week), etc...
1. Use libraries more
2. Read one "Classic" book per month
3. Do not buy books unless they're going to be read
4. Buy books without looking up the reviews first
5. Reread books
6. Keep a reading journal (blog)
7. Read less, enjoy more
We have been doing fairly good on the Organize front. We do have some pictures up on the walls finally, I did redo my books (I still need to do a shelf tour!), and my blog has been doing fairly decent (except for recently boo). But...we could do better. I still haven't hung up the awesome book pictures my mom got me for Christmas (I need dark brown frames) and we need to take some stuff to the Goodwill (this weekend?!).
1. I still go nearly every weekend, but the last 2-3 haven't been very productive. I tend to get too distracted by shiny things (books, people, Pinterest...) if I'm there by myself lol. And my sis has declared it "booooooring" so she won't go anymore.
2. Yes, I am!! :) See my "Classic a Month" tag to the right for all my reviews so far. I am very pleased with myself for doing that and am definitely going to continue it next year.
3. Errr....no. My to-read shelf has grown quite a bit, oopsy. I actually blame blogging for this. If I wasn't finding all these awesome new blogs to read, I wouldn't see the reviews and think "hey, that sounds cool, I should get it!" So it's all y'alls fault! ;)
4. Not so much, because of #3. But I have picked up several random reads at the library and it's worked out fairly decently. (For example: Definitely Not Mr Darcy)
5. Yep, always. :)
7. I don't think I'm reading less, but I do feel I am enjoying my books still. I am right on track to make my Goodreads goal of 130 books, but I'm not sacrificing content for that speed. I think the classics have a lot to do with that, again I am so happy I started that this year. And I encourage you to do a similar goal if you aren't already and find yourself in an endless loop of vampire-werewolf-young adult-emo-teen-drama-13 books in a series-books like I did!
So, that's me! Did you make goals/resolutions for the year? Have you stuck to them or did you totally blow them off? Are you already planning goals for next year? Are you ready for the holiday season or totally unprepared like me?? ;)
(one of my very favorite bookish pictures: Jennifer Zwick "The Reader")