Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Awesome Heroines
Before I get into things, I just want to say that I hope everyone in Hurricane/Storm Sandy's path is okay or at least going to be okay! There are some terrifying images out there and my heart is with all of you out there. <3
The Broke & The Bookish features awesome heroines...some of my choices are actual superheroes and some are just kick-ass ladies! :)
1. Hermione in Harry Potter -I love Hermione so much. She starts out as this goody, goody teacher's pet who freaks when people break the rules. Her friendship with Ron & Harry helps her grow and mature in the best ways possible...by the end of the series, she is still that super smart chick who knows how to find the answer to any question, but she is also willing to break those rules that she followed so closely now. She's loyal, caring, stubborn, sensitive, funny, strong, and just a really cool person. I want to be Hermione when I grow up.
2. Belle in Tales of an Extraordinary Girl -Belle is a superhero in the literal sense: after a freak accident leaves her with mutant powers, she must learn how to deal with them and decide if she's going to use them for good or evil. These new powers don't curb her quick-witted, sarcastic attitude though and that's part of the reason I like her so much lol.
3. Katsa in Graceling -okay yes, she has some odd views on marriage and men but I still think she's pretty cool and definitely in the superhero realm. Plus, she gets Po. :)
4. Skeeter & Aibileen in The Help -these two women quietly kick butt and take names. Literally. And literary. (Literarily?)
5. Claire in The Morganville Vampires -Claire is right up there with Hermione in the smarts and bravery. Going to college at 16, fighting vampires, saving her loved ones and herself constantly, creating super-computers. Yep she's awesome.
6. Katniss in The Hunger Games -does this really need to be explained? Supporting her mom and sister, volunteering, fighting, winning, fighting some more, winning some more, getting the guy, killing the other guy.
7. Mrs Weasley & Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter -I love both these ladies, on and off the screen. Both courageous, smart, stubborn women and wonderful actresses. And in Harry Potter? Five words: Not my daughter, you bitch. And four more words: Have a biscuit, Potter. :)