Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Awesome Heroines


Before I get into things, I just want to say that I hope everyone in Hurricane/Storm Sandy's path is okay or at least going to be okay! There are some terrifying images out there and my heart is with all of you out there. <3

Today's Top Ten Tuesday on The Broke & The Bookish features awesome heroines...some of my choices are actual superheroes and some are just kick-ass ladies! :)

1. Hermione in Harry Potter -I love Hermione so much. She starts out as this goody, goody teacher's pet who freaks when people break the rules. Her friendship with Ron & Harry helps her grow and mature in the best ways possible...by the end of the series, she is still that super smart chick who knows how to find the answer to any question, but she is also willing to break those rules that she followed so closely now. She's loyal, caring, stubborn, sensitive, funny, strong, and just a really cool person. I want to be Hermione when I grow up.


2. Belle in Tales of an Extraordinary Girl -Belle is a superhero in the literal sense: after a freak accident leaves her with mutant powers, she must learn how to deal with them and decide if she's going to use them for good or evil. These new powers don't curb her quick-witted, sarcastic attitude though and that's part of the reason I like her so much lol.

3. Katsa in Graceling -okay yes, she has some odd views on marriage and men but I still think she's pretty cool and definitely in the superhero realm. Plus, she gets Po. :)

4. Skeeter & Aibileen in The Help -these two women quietly kick butt and take names. Literally. And literary. (Literarily?)

5. Claire in The Morganville Vampires -Claire is right up there with Hermione in the smarts and bravery. Going to college at 16, fighting vampires, saving her loved ones and herself constantly, creating super-computers. Yep she's awesome.

6. Katniss in The Hunger Games -does this really need to be explained? Supporting her mom and sister, volunteering, fighting, winning, fighting some more, winning some more, getting the guy, killing the other guy.

7. Mrs Weasley & Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter -I love both these ladies, on and off the screen. Both courageous, smart, stubborn women and wonderful actresses. And in Harry Potter? Five words: Not my daughter, you bitch. And four more words: Have a biscuit, Potter. :)

12 comments:

  1. I think I could have made up at least half my list using characters from Harry Potter. (I just did a quick count up and got eight straight away.) Molly and McGonagall have some cracking lines throughout the series. 'Have a biscuit, Potter.' always makes me smile.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably could have too lol...maybe I'll make that my Top 10 on a freebie week! :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love this post. seriously one of my absolute favourites!
    So many awesome choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love that collage about Hermione! The ladies from The Help are great picks as well! :D My TTTs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with all of these (except Belle and Claire, and that's because I haven't read those!). And I love the graphics! ;) Great list, Jenn!

    Thanks for stopping by my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This list is so full of win! I mean Hermoine in at #1...that's kick ass. She and Katniss both made my TTT this week as well :) Can't believe I didn't think to add Mrs Weasley & Professor McGonagall. Graceling, The Help & Morganville Vampires are on my reading list too! Thanks for sharing, new follower via Twitter

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by & following! :)

      Delete
  6. Katsa and Katniss - win!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your list!! Great girls and hilarious commentary!

    ReplyDelete