Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top 10 Authors in Goodreads

I decided to do this week's Top 10 Tuesday Topic (say that 10 times fast!) slightly different, just because I couldn't make up my mind on which genre lol. I let Goodreads pick for me, the top 10 authors that I read the most (in my 4 1/2 year history on there). :)

1. Ann M Martin--this should be no surprise, with a whopping 60 books.

2. Luann Rice (15)--I used to read her books allllll the time. They were like crack, along with Anita Shreve and Jodi Picoult. My favorites were the Hubbard's Point plots, which kind of wove people and times and places all together thru 5 or 6 books.

3. Gena Showalter (12)--mmm...Lords of the Underworld is one of my favorite paranormal series.

4. Sara Shepard (10)--Pretty Little Liars...I read the first 7 all in 1 month lol. I obviously liked them, but I'm not sure how I feel about the continuation with book 9. It just seems like she is trying to get as much money as possible.

5. Charlaine Harris (10)--same for Miss Sookie Stackhouse. I read the first 10 in 3 months yikes, but the last one I read was nowhere near as good as the others and I kind of gave up.

6. JK Rowling (9)--she, on the other hand, can write as much as she wants on Harry Potter and that world and I will eat it up.

7. Brian K Vaughan (9)--he is one of my favorite graphic novelists. He's written some/all of The Runaways, Buffy, Y: The Last Man...and those are just the ones that I've read by him. Plus, he has a really creepy picture on his Goodreads account.

8. JR Ward (9)--my other favorite paranormal series, Black Dagger Brotherhood. Yum. :)

9. PC Cast (8)--House of Night has gotten kind of meh, but I still want to finish it. Unfortunately, I think I'll need to do a reread before I get to book 9. And I'm already doing that right now with The Immortals and I just don't have the energy for another massive reread right away.

10.Richelle Mead (8)--I have mixed feelings about Vampire Academy and Bloodlines too, same as HON, but I can't seem to stop reading them.

5 comments:

  1. Good list. I love Sara Sheprad as well but I'm a bigger fan of The Lying Game series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first Lying Game, but haven't picked up the second yet. I did enjoy it tho. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. J.K Rowling can continue with HP all she wants, I will devour it all. What a fun idea for your list!

    TTT fairytales authors @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! :)If you accept awards, I just awarded you the Liebster Award: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/liebster-award/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete