1. Harry Potter...saw that one coming, didn't you? I'm still working on convincing my sister to read the books with me this summer. The movies are some of her favorites, but she's still missing so much!!
2. Anne of Green Gables (LM Montgomery) I actually did a comparison of this one already, so be sure to check it out. I'm about to start book 4, but I'm not sure where the 2nd movie stops (I know it's more than just the 2nd book) so I haven't watched it yet.
3. Stardust (Neil Gaiman) I adore this movie...the princes, Tristan, Captain Shakespeare, Mr Weasley as the Goat Man, the boy as the girl, it's all just wonderful.
4. The Help (Kathryn Stockett) I thought they did a wonderful job translating the book onto the big screen. It was very true to the story.
5. Princess Bride (William Goldman) this is one where I think the movie is way better than the book. It just translates so much better as a "story within a story". Plus: Fred Savage. :)
6. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) It's been a long, long time since I watched this movie but I know it is as good as the book. I actually just checked it out at the library this weekend and am planning on doing a Book vs Movie for it!
7. Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) have you seen the new trailer for Catching Fire? Of course you have, who am I kidding lol. I can't wait. I've only watched HG once, in the theater, need to watch the DVD soon.
8. Fried Green Tomatoes (Fannie Flagg) one of my favorite movies. My mom made me read this and several others by Flagg as a young teen and I loved them all.
9. In Her Shoes (Jennifer Weiner) I read this book so long ago, I hardly remembered it. My sister loves the movie though (and the book) and we watched it the other day; I was trying to read but got sucked into it lol.
10.The Grinch (Dr Seuss) I love the live Jim Carey version, the baby Grinch makes me squee lol. And Taylor Momsen as Cindy Lou Who? Adorbs.