Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Book Boyfriends

I'm a little biased because I think I have the best book boyfriend in real life already. :) But I guess I'll stick to fictional guys for The Broke & The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday this week. You can check out my first post on this topic, way back in 2013, and I'll try not to duplicate any of the guys for this one.

1. I could have made all the guys in CL Stone's Ghost Bird series #1-9, but I'll just put them as 1 group together lol. I wouldn't be able to pick my favorite anyways, they're all awesome in their own way.

2. Colby from The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour-I love that his story ends up not being just about the girl, but about how he grows and becomes more himself in the end.

3. The Will from the Saga series graphic novels -there's just something about him I love. Oh, maybe it's Lying Cat. :)  (Baby Lying Cat is by Dumpy Little Robot and I neeeeed her!! No fibbing!)
 

4. The guys in Krista & Becca Ritchie's Addicted/Calloway Sisters series but especially Lo -he's always there for Lily, even when his own addictions threaten to overtake him. He always makes sure she's taken care of. Plus, he's into comics and super heroes.

5. Matt Finch in Emery Lord's Open Road Summer -country music, roadtrips, best friends, tragic back story, broody guys...can't get any better than that!

6. Levi from Fangirl by the fabulous Rainbow Rowell -he missed my first list by a year, but he should definitely be at the top. Do I even need to explain this one? No, I didn't think so...I'll just leave my favorite quote for you instead.
"Look at you. All sweatered up. What are those, leg sweaters?" [Levi]
"They're leg warmers." [Cath]
"You're wearing at least four different kinds of sweater."
"This is a scarf."
"You look tarred and sweatered."

7. Clark in The Unexpected Everything -really I could put any of the guys in Morgan Matson's books, right? But Clark is a super nerd, a secret writer (just like in my favorite Christopher Pike book hah), there's a scavenger hunt in the book, and this was the last one I read. So Clark it is.

8. George in A Room With A View by EM Forster -had to include at least one classic, but I haven't read many lately (need to change that, I think) so it was kind of hard. 
"You love the boy body and soul, plainly, directly, as he loves you, 
and no other word expresses it. 
You won't marry the other man for his sake."
"It isn't possible to love and to part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. 
I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal."

9. Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones -I reread these last year and had completely forgotten how much I loved them. (And the movies) Darcy is one of those perfect men that can't possibly exist, except he's a little bit cynical and condescending so you know he actually could be real. And Colin Firth is Mark Darcy, isn't he?

10. I've run out of book boyfriends oh noooo!! So, tell me your favorite that I may have missed on here!


No comments:

Post a Comment