Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Haul!

Okay, so I didn't get good pictures of my books last night, but I do have one cell pic from Saturday so I'm going to go ahead and do a haul. Because I want to. :)

Saturday afternoon, I talked my mom into stopping by Half Price because I wanted to look for the last Vampire Academy book (which I did not find there) and I had a coupon. Plus I knew I could talk her into buying me some extras because she had bought my sis a bunch of Avon stuff earlier this month lol...I love my mom! :D (And yes, I am in my 30s and talking my mom into buying me stuff!)

The first one I got was The Handmaid's Tale which I had added to my list after seeing it on a good friend's favorites list. I thought it looked interesting and different, so I decided to give it a shot.

Zombie Blondes was a total impulse buy that my sister picked up off an endcap and handed to me lol. I'm glad I didn't check out the reviews ahead of time, because I never would have picked it up. It's good sometimes to go against all the reviews and stars and such.

The Last Days is the sequel to Peeps, which I just finished yesterday and was truly disgusting and good. I didn't even know there was a sequel, so that was a pleasant surprise. I'm about to start it at work in a few minutes! I'm not crazy about the cover of mine though, it's too "vampire chicklit". I wish it had been more edgy or something like the first.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has been on my to-buy list forever-ever, I'm so glad I finally got it!

The Book of Tomorrow was another one suggested by my sis, she saw it on one of her beauty guru channels I think lol...I love the cover and style of the book, it's so "fairytale". My mom liked it a lot too.

Then on Sunday, we went to a movie and I conned my sis into going to Barnes & Noble so I could spend my gc from Xmas. I don't know why, it's not like I needed books to read lol, but I just felt like I *needed* to. Do you ever do that? I'm going thru a major "must buy all the books" phase right now. Oh well, I'll be good with books til at least June or July lol...

How did I con my sister into going, you ask? Well, I bought her the giant, expensive doodle coloring book she's been wanting for a long time. :) (My Wonderful World of Fashion if you're interested.) I also bought Maleficent over there...she was an impulse buy at the checkout because I've been wanting her and the Disney store has been sold out. Plus they were cheaper! So if you happen to be looking for some of the older FunkoPop! guys (or Lalaloopsy or Monster High I've heard), check out your local B&N! :)

Oh yeah, I bought some books too lol...Vampire Academy 6 finally plus House of Night 9 and Uglies 4. And the last book was one I am very excited about: Lola & The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I'm going to review her first book, Anna & The French Kiss, next week probably and I *loved* it so I've been wanting her 2nd ever since then.

So that's my haul. I hope you enjoyed it. I want to eventually start doing video hauls because I think that would be fun, but we have to get a better camera first. I may or may not have dropped ours in the sand in Galveston last May. O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment