I was going to do a book haul post today because I got a ton of awesome books over the weekend (from my mom because she's awesomesauce and I also finally spent my B&N GC from XMas!) but I went to take pictures last night and every.single.RECHARGEABLE battery for our camera was dead. Seriously, I don't know how that happened. I was so annoyed I just gave up and didn't even bother charging them lol. (note to self: charge batteries tonight)
The Broke & The Bookish. I've been looking for some fun memes/lists/quizzes to do so that was cool! This week is what 10 books would you save from an alien attack or other disaster. I would think my alien attack would look like the alien scene from Spice World haha!! (Hoo boy, am I dating myself there or what? Whatev...I'm proud to say that my sis, BFF & I saw that in the theaters at least 12 times! :) And we own the DVD now!) Okay, on to my list:
1. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling...pretty obvious don't ya think? I don't care, this is a series I could (and will) read over and over again, no matter how old I get.
2. The Hunky-Dory Dairy by Anne Lindbergh...my go-to book when I'm feeling down or sick and just need a pick-me-up.
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak...I would call this my "intellectual read".
4. Talk Nerdy to Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson...because it's about aliens and hovercrafts and that might help me lol...plus it's quite naughty ;)
5. The Baby-Sitters Club series by Ann M Martin...how could I not? I've got my entire collection from when I was a kid, so they really mean a lot to me.
6. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak...my absolute favorite children's book. And I think it might help soothe the aliens!
7. The Sandman graphic novel series by Neil Gaiman...because I haven't read them in forever, but they are my favorite graphic novel ever!
8. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen...for magic.
9. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins...because it's light and fluffy that makes me happy.
10.Strangers in Paradise graphic novel series by Terry Moore...to show the aliens how to love. :)
This was actually harder than I thought to do! What would be on your list?