Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Book Haul

I'm pretty excited about the books and comics I got last weekend, so I decided to do a mini haul post to share them. And I want you to share with me what your last book purchase/haul was! So comment below. :)


Girl Online: Going Solo is the last book in YouTuber Zoe Sugg's series. I enjoyed the first 2, they're light fluffy fun, so I'm happy to read the last one. I'll be reviewing the whole series when I finish this one and will probably end up giving them all to my sister, since she's actually the one who loves Sugg's videos and got the first book lol. 

After reviewing the 2nd Princess Jellyfish omnibus and having read the 3rd this May, I really needed the next volume. And purely aesthetic, the books are so pretty!! They're lovely pastel sherbety colors and will look amazing on my bookshelf when I get them all eventually.



Do you like my lawn gnomes? They're named Gary, Garry, and Steve. :D I only went to the comic book store to pick up my pull list, but I can always guarantee I'll come out with 3 or 4 extra. This time was no exception.

On my pull list were Motor Girl & Shade: The Changing Girl. I've already talked about these here but I highly recommend them both! And Motor Girl is a short one, only 10 issues, if you don't want to get too invested in a long series.

Then I saw this new Jem & The Holograms Annual and had to pick it up. I am just really loving this reboot so much. (Review of 1st 2 volumes here.) This annual is apparently a fanfic type story which sounds really fun. Can't wait to read it.

Brian K Vaughan's Runaways was the first comic series I ever read, as a teenager way back in the 90s. When I found out that one of my very favorite authors, Rainbow Rowell, was going to do a reboot/sequel of it this year, I was beyond excited. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to reread the original series first or not (I only have volume 1 right now) but I know I will love this new take.

And last but not least, we have the newest Baby-Sitters Club graphic novel, Dawn & The Impossible Three. I really loved Raina Telgemeier's take on the first 4 so I'm interested to see what a new artist will do with the upcoming books. The only thing I'm not sure about, is that they seem to be combining Dawn and Mallory's first books, which is a little odd. And they've still skipped Claudia & The Phantom Phone Calls!! But we'll see how it is. And I am still hoping/wishing/begging for them to do the first Super Special! How amazing would that be??

No comments:

Post a Comment