Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Best Reads of 2017 So Far!

It's a freebie week over on The Broke & The Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday so I decided to make it easy on myself and do my 10 best reads for 2017 so far. I've read 85 books this year, which has me well on target for my Goodreads challenge of 100 books. (I'll probably cap out at around 150 actually, with the BSC books.) I won't include rereads in this list, so that means I've only got one 5 star book for this year. But lots and lots of 4 stars.

1. Some Kind of Perfect by Krista & Becca Ritchie --this was the last book in the Calloway/Addicted dual series and it was, like the title, absolutely perfect. I'll be reviewing this whole series soon, but I'll just say it is destined to be a favorite series for me.

2. Paper Girls vol 1 & 2 by Brian K Vaughan --I always love his comics, so it's no surprise that I loved this new series as well. Set in the 80s, it's got lots of fun nostalgia along with the suspense and intrigue.

3. Princess Jellyfish vol 3 by Akiko Higashimura --I just spoke about my love for this series yesterday and volume 3 did not disappoint.

4. Leave Me by Gayle Forman --ever want to run away from your life? Of course you do. We all do. This book explores what happens when a mom does exactly that and what the consequences are.

5. Three Days to Never by Tim Powers --my boyfriend bought me this book as it is one of his favorites and then waited anxiously to see what I thought of it. Luckily, I loved it. It's a good mixture of science fiction, actual science, fantasy, and time-travel.

6. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak --I started reading this several years ago, after I loved The Book Thief so much, but then never got into it for some reason. My dad read it this year and told me I needed to read it, so I borrowed his copy and devoured it. The ending will leave you all twisted inside but it's worth it! Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of.

7. Snotgirl vol 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley --this is one of those ones that my sister picked out for me, based solely on the cover, and I ended up really enjoying. I'll review it soon, but the premise seems ridiculous at first: a fashion blogger with striking green hair has allergies. Seriously, that's it. But I promise it's more than that!

8. A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody --I just reviewed this book last week but I really enjoyed it! It's a great, light read and definitely recommend it.

9. Motor Girl by Terry Moore --I've made clear my love for Terry Moore's graphic novels before, so it's a given that I'll enjoy his new series too. I'm actually excited to read this as all one volume, instead of the single issues, I think it'll be even better and more cohesive that way.

10.Texas Homecoming by Maggie Shayne --if you're looking for a good old-fashioned romance series, Shayne's Texas & Oklahoma Brands (2 different series, but cross over a bit) are the way to go. Cowboys, bad guys, women that need rescuing, cute babies, it's all there.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great list because I haven't read any of them! Some of them look so great though so I'll be adding them to my list for sure.

    You can check out my Top Ten Books Published 10 Years Ago HERE

    ReplyDelete