Thursday, January 5, 2012
Best & Worst of 2011
Also, I'm contemplating on if I want to do all the reviews that I am behind on for 2011 or just start over with what I'm reading now and going forward? I know I will for sure do the BSC books. Maybe I'll just pick out the few that really influenced me? Hmm...okay, time for the list!
"The Best" in no particular order:
1. The Doll People series by Ann M Martin-my first review here! These were such cute little books. I picked up the first one as a Christmas gift for my 10 yr old stepsister, I really hope she gives them a chance because I know she will like them!
2. If I Stay & Where She Went by Gayle Forman-wonderful, heartfelt, tear-jerkers.
3. Harry Potter any and all :) by JK Rowling-rereads don't really count do they? Oh well, I will always give these books 5 stars!
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (I had the worst time spelling his name right!)-a book that moved me like no other in a long, long time.
5. The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma-another book that really influenced me this year; I haven't actually reviewed this one yet but I think I want to before moving on to current books.
6. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place books 1 & 2 by Maryrose Wood-2 children's books that I picked up on a whim at the library and thoroughly enjoyed. Might have to review these as well!
7. Various Baby-Sitters Club books by Ann M Martin including Kristy's Great Idea, Boy-Crazy Stacey and Mallory & The Trouble With Twins :)
"The Worst" list...but let me first say that this is how I feel about them, you may feel completely different! I'm not telling you not to give them a try, I'm just saying I didn't like them. Okay? O-tay!
1. Crescendo: Hush, Hush #2 by Becca Fitzpatrick-when I finally realized that I don't like books about fallen angels lol.
2. Infinity: Chronicles of Nick #1 by Sherrilyn Kenyon-my stepmom loaned me this one at Christmas and I read about 230 pages before I gave up. It was too confusing since I hadn't read her Dark Hunter books (which I think I had started the first one and gave up on as well) and just had too much going on.
3. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer-basically it's all Kristen Stewart's fault.
4. The Last Summer by Ann Brashares-I think she should stick to Travelling Pants books...speaking of, isn't there a new one out? Might have to check that out.
5. Various Baby-Sitters Club books by Ann M Martin including The Truth About Stacey, Kristy's Big Day and Hello, Mallory (you see what I did there? Heh...)