Friday, June 13, 2014

The Summer of Being Cool Chicks #2


Happy Friday the 13th all! Big announcement: I started a Facebook page for my blog and all things book related! It's at SeeJennRead and I'd love it if you'd go like the page and spread the word. :)

It's time for another installment of The Cool Chick Handbook! And if you missed the first one, be sure to check it out here. The weather was pretty yucky most of the week, so we did several indoor things this time. And we had the bright idea to purchase disposable cameras this weekend and use them over the summer. I'm not sure I remember how to use one, but it should be fun! (Where's the zoom button?!) Okay, on to the Cool Chick activities...

#142. Hold your own in a hand of poker (and keep your clothes on). Yeah don't worry, we didn't play strip poker lol. We didn't know how to play poker, so we had to look it up. (This is the site we used.) We weren't very good either. Binky Cat was better at shuffling the deck than we were hah! But we tried and we were very serious with our betting...using marshmallows and Mike & Ike's. :) I had the best hand, with a Flush. Or was it a Straight? Hmm...and then we gave up and played Crazy Eights haha!

#100. Challenge yourself to finish a brain-busting 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle. Um, we haven't finished it yet. It's haaarrrddd! I'm not really sure how doing a puzzle makes you a Cool Chick either. By making you use your brain and smarts makes you cool? I don't know. I just know that the sky is going to be a real pain in the butt...

#116. Claim your very own theme song, a la Ally McBeal. I never watched that show much. But I like music and the idea of your own theme song. Or in our case, songs. Yeah, we couldn't come up with one definite song, so instead we made a playlist of the 19 songs that most define us. :) Almost all of our mixes end up being 19 songs and just like this one, it's completely unintentional! You can listen to the mix right here (hopefully, if it's working!) or click the link below to go to 8Tracks. Do you have a theme song(s)? I want to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment