Friday, September 16, 2011

Review: "House of Night" Series Books 1-8

House of Night Series Books 1-8 by PC & Kristin Cast
3.75 out of 5 stars averaged

This is a little different for me...I haven't reviewed a whole series at once yet. But I just didn't see the point in reviewing each book separately because A. They're all pretty much the same and B. I am lazy. :) So there you go! I'm not going to go in a lot of detail on each one; I don't want to spoil any of them for you if you haven't read them yet. And guess what? I did some mini reviews in Goodreads on the first couple way back when I read them in October, so I am going to be even lazier and cut & paste that here too! Yay for lazy Fridays! Lol...

#1 Marked: My sister watches these YouTube videos of these silly girls doing makeup reviews and such and they mentioned this book, so she recommended it to me. I took a look at it in Barnes & Noble one Sunday afternoon (don't you just love spending all afternoon in the bookstore looking at books and drinking cocoa? No? Just me then?) and decided to give it a try. Well, I am really glad I did.

I was really pleasantly surprised by this book and think I will enjoy the series. (Of course she has to recommend a series with like 10 books in it lol) It jumps very quickly into the main plot-line and while I could have used some more back story, I think they will get into that more in later books. I loved the cats! And I think it is hilarious and intriguing that it is set in Oklahoma!

The only thing I did not like was the grammar mistakes. I know I no speak sometimes real good ;) but I do notice silly little mistakes when I'm reading and it annoys the crap out of me. I hope they get a new editor for the 2nd book. Luckily, there weren't that many or maybe I was just getting better at ignoring them after a while.


#2 Betrayed: **spoiler alert ** I'm going to try putting it in white & see if that works...if not I will take it out! eta: yay! It works, so highlight to read spoilers :)  I had to give it 3 stars only because I didn't like that Stevie Ray died. :( Also, I really feel like they give too much information in those little blurbs about the next books at the back. I now know too much about the series and it's not like I can stop myself from reading them! Lol...

#3 Chosen: **spoiler alert** In white: I'm glad Stevie Rae is "alive" again. :) And that Loren guy is a total douche. Yep, I said douche. Also, is anyone else wondering if Nala is one of Neferet's minions? Or possibly Nyx's? I'm going to take a guess at future books and say Nala is working with Nyx just because I want her to be a good sweet kitty...also I just realized typing that, they all start with N. Coincidence? More spoilers: And I don't think the Heath thing is over, I think he still loves her and it had nothing to do with being imprinted. Okay, I'm done rambling about my silly predictions! :)

#4 Untamed: Darn, this is where I stopped writing my mini reviews lol...Okay, it's been a while since I read these, but I know they were pretty good. Average teenage vampire fluff.

#5 Hunted: This was one of my least favorites...and this girl has some serious boy issues! For someone who claims to be all "pure" and stuff, she sure does have a lot of boyfriends!

#6 Tempted: The constant repetition of descriptions, words used, nicknames, and slang was starting to get really old back in Book 2, but by Book 6 it's beyond annoying. And yet, I still read them.

#7 Burned: This was probably my favorite because **spoiler alert** in white: Zoey was dead, so we didn't have to listen to her whine and complain about which boy to choose! Haha!!*end*

#8 Awakened: This was the last one to come out (apparently there are going to be between 12 and 15 total? Can I just complain for a second about the amount of books that are huge, long series now? You hardly ever see stand-alone books anymore; there's always a trilogy or a mammoth collection and some books just don't need to go past one. Okay, done with the mini-rant.) I may have to do a quick reread when the next one comes out, which is annoying when there are so many (oops, wasn't done with my rant! lol...) but I'll deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment