Monday, September 17, 2012

Book Haul!

I took Friday off last week to take care of car stuff (yuck) and it ended up not taking very long at all (yay), so my sis and I decided to do a little shopping that afternoon (and the next day lol) and I ended up with 14 books! I thought I'd do a book haul post for y'all today to show off my goodies. :)

(click any of the pics to make bigger)

I got 10 of these books at the Half Price Books in Frisco, where I almost always walk out with a big stack. I guess because I don't go there very often. Of course, I didn't get a basket, so I ended up carrying around this huge stack the whole time and I had limp spaghetti arms afterwards! Plus, I kept dropping the Steinbeck lol. And I got the other 4 on Saturday at the big HPB in Dallas. 

Okay, starting at the top, we have Tortilla Flat, because I had read a library copy and wanted my own. Next is a couple of kid's/middle grade books: The Giver by Lois Lowry, Matilda by Roald Dahl, and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I've never read any of these and have been wanting to get some more MG classics, so thought these would be good choices. Plus, I love Matilda the movie. :)

Then I picked up a couple of randoms: A Separate Peace by John Knowles (not sure where I saw this one?), Commencement by J Courtney Sullivan (recommended by a friend a while back. Starting it at work today!), and Delirium by Lauren Oliver (which I've been wanting for a long time). 

And then there are the "pretty" books. :) Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor was a last-minute impulse buy, because I'd heard so much about it. At the Palace of Marie Antoinette by Bianca Turetsky is the 2nd in the Time-Traveling Fashionista series and I didn't even know it was out yet! I'm really excited about it. My sister has threatened to steal this one though (along with the first and the Elle&Blair one) and put them in her room, because they're so pretty. I told her if she read them, she could lol. She pouted. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han was a $1.00 clearance buy and Beneath the Glitter by Elle & Blair Fowler was mainly for my sister. She's obsessed with their beauty guru videos and this book just came out last week and we happened upon it in the new releases.

And finally, a couple more randoms...the last book in the Immortals series, Everlasting, by Alyson Noel, which I am sure I will have to reread because I have no idea what was happening. :( Hater, by David Moody, which I picked up after A Bookworm Belle's review of it intrigued me so much (isn't that cover great??). And a graphic novel called Chew by John Layman that I had read about on Amazon and wanted to try. I don't usually pick up graphic novels on my own, my dad usually recommends them, so I'm excited to try some new ones and see how I do. :)


So that's my awesome haul! :) It took some major finagling to fit on my to-read shelf though, I need to get busy reading! No more library books for me for a while lol. Did you buy/borrow/steal any books over the weekend? I'd love to hear about them! Don't tell me if you stole them though. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hater!!! I loved that book, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I've seen Chew on the shelves before, but was in a hurry and didn't have time to persuse. Let us faithful readers know how that one is! You scored a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so many books! 'The time travelling fashionista' sounds like a good read. I really enjoyed 'The daughter of smoke and bone' and thought that 'evermore' was a quick fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of geeked out on Saturday with my books lol...trying to figure out what to read first and where to put them on the shelf. Books just make me happy! Thanks to both of you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete