Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dirty Little Secret Saturday

The lovelies over at Under the Covers are talking about anthologies for this week's Dirty Little Secret....


What is your take on anthologies? Love them? Hate them? And what is the last anthology you've read and enjoyed?

I could usually take them or leave them. I don't read them very often, but when I do, they are usually romance driven. I guess those are just more popular, especially Christmas themed, so that's what I pick up. A lot of times, I will get an anthology for one or two specific authors that I love and will read anything by, but it's also a great way to find new ones too. Here's a brief list of the few anthologies that I've read in the past and remember liking:

I <3 Bad Boys --I picked this up because I enjoyed Lori Foster (I accidentally typed Jodi first lol) and ended up really liking this one. There are a couple of others in this series, which I'm pretty sure I read: Bad Boys To Go, I Brake for Bad Boys, etc...

Double the Pleasure --okay, I haven't actually read this one, but it looks good lol. Lori Foster likes her anthologies, doesn't she?

Santa Baby --Jennifer Crusie, Lori Foster, Carly Phillips...I don't quite remember it, but I'm sure I read it! :)

Irish Girls About Town --I got this one when I was on my Marian Keyes fix and enjoyed it so much, it has survived the many bookshelf culls I've done. There are 16 stories, so they are very short, quick reads and all about Irish girls, obviously.

Girls Night In --another one from my "Pink Book" crazed faze lol. This has stories from some of my faves: Meg Cabot, Jennifer Weiner, Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella, Anna Maxted, and lots more. I'm pretty sure I still have this one too. I kind of want to read them now! :)

Into the Dark --this is Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld prequels & bonus stories. I just picked this one up the other day and haven't read it yet, but I'm excited to! I looooove LOTU. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love anthologies! It's a great journey to take, and it generally pacifies that feeling I get when I don't want a story to end. That said, I haven't read any of these. That Lords of the Underworld looks promising, though :)

    ReplyDelete