he Broke & The Bookish Top Ten Tuesday. :) So here are 10 books that make me think, either about serious things or how I would react in that world or situation.
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak--okay, well obviously this is a serious one. This book is up there with Anne Frank, Eli Wiesel, and others. It makes you wonder about the cruelty of people and if something like that could happen again now.
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett--I like to think that if I had lived thru that time period, I would have tried to change things too. I don't know if I actually would have had the guts to do anything, but I hope I would have.
3. The Future of Us by Jay Asher--this is coming up soon for me to review, so I won't say much. But I really enjoyed thinking about 1996 me and all the crazy fads again lol.
4. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin--I just read this one last week and it was heart-breaking in many ways; it really made me think about what I believe happens in the after-life and such.
5. Harry Potter by JK Rowling--no Top 10 is complete without Harry Potter and/or Anna & The French Kiss, right? Lol..."yer a wizard, Harry." I have spent so much time thinking, talking, crafting, researching Hogwarts I could probably find my way around without a Marauder's Map lol. (Oh and stay tuned on Thursday for a very special TILT!)
6. The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck--what would you do to make your family proud of you again? Anything? Even at the cost of your own beliefs and morals?
7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green--another heart-breaker. It made me think about life and death and how I'm living my life.
8. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami--this book has so many twisted, changing plots you have no choice but to think as you're reading it! I need to review it soon too, arg, I am so behind on my reviews!!
9. The Princess Bride by William Goldman--basically, this book makes me wonder what kind of drugs Goldman was on when he came up with this lol.
10.The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux--ending on a lighter note, I like to think about what week I would go back in time to and if I would change my future or leave it the same.