Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Book Haul-palooza!!

This is what happens when you don't do a book haul post for 6 months...a huge massive post that makes you look like a book hoarder. :) I'm not going to link back every single book, but if you have a question on any, feel free to ask! This is a combination of library books checked out, library book sales, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Half Price Books, cash, credit cards, gift cards, eBooks, graphic novels, classics, young adult, adult, fiction, romance, paperback, hardbound, and everything else in between. (click on any of the pics to make bigger)

 

Let's start with the big stack! I finished/caught up a couple of series: Cinder, Gone, Lords of the Underworld, Black Dagger Brotherhood, Chew. That's always so satisfying, isn't it? The majority of this stack was young adult contemporary. I got quite a few from my Summer Romance Formula list I'd made awhile back and have already read a couple of them. And then there's the "random" stack: a few impulse buys, a few on my to-buy list (I can't wait to read First Frost, the sequel to Garden Spells! Sarah Addison Allen is one of my favorite authors.) I already read Rose Under Fire (companion to Code Name Verity) and LOVED it. More than the first even.


Next up was a stack from the library and I read and loved each and every one of these, which was so surprising! Mosquitoland lived up to the hype, What I Thought Was True & Open Road Summer were on the verge of being favorites, and I found a new favorite romance author in Lisa Kleypas.

 

And this is from last weekend's Friends of the Library sale...and what happens when you try to take your picture where your cat likes to sleep lol. I didn't find a whole lot there at first, which was disappointing, but I got a big stack of classics and a few impulse buys all for $8.00 (with the pins below) so I was extremely happy!

My birthday fell on "Free Comic Book Day" this year, so I had to go get some, right?? Unfortunately, I went to Half Price Books, who's selection was severely lacking. But I picked up the updated Baby-Sitters Club graphic novel with a gc, so it was all good. Isn't it cute? Can't wait to read it.

And last but not least, I've gotten around 18 eBooks since January! Most were free, it's really hard for me to pay for an eBook (especially more than $5). I'm reading the 4th book in the King series by Tawdra Kandle (I almost put Kindle lol) right now and enjoying it. Cinema Lumiere by Hattie Holden Edmonds was one that I was very pleasantly surprised by. It really grabbed me.

So there you have it...the ridiculous amount of books I've gotten that should, technically, last me til the end of the year lol. Now it's your turn: what have you bought/gotten recently? Link me to your haul, I want to see it! What should I read next out of all these books? What book can you not believe I DIDN'T get??

No comments:

Post a Comment