The Broke & The Bookish has great timing, since I was planning on doing this topic soon anyway! We're talking favorite books of the year so far and I've had plenty. :) I'm already at 60% of my goal for the year, with 90 books, so I'll probably end up raising that again lol. And luckily, I've only had one dud...the infamous Sweet Valley High book. So let's take a closer look at my favorites and then I want to hear about yours!
1. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson --I can't believe this is still my #1 for the year, being the very first read too! It was just so lovely.
2. Rose Under Fire (sequel to Code Name Verity) by Elizabeth Wein --I think I enjoyed this sequel even more than the first.
3. Mosquitoland by David Arnold --there's something about this quirky little book that I really loved. Mim & Walt were such amazing, damaged characters.
4. Roommates Wanted by Lisa Jewell --this book starts out very slow but keep going, it is well worth it! Toby Dobbs is lonely in his big, old house so he gets some roommates. Fifteen years later, he's ready to be alone again but the roommates aren't budging. Way more serious than it sounds. ;)
5. The Geography of You & Me by Jennifer E Smith --my favorite of her books now. This is a great romance but also a journey of adventures and finding yourself.
6. For Real by Alison Cherry --Amazing Race style adventures + sisters bonding + some romance = an awesome book! I'll be reviewing it in detail soon.
7. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord --a country music roadtrip? Yes, please!
8. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson --I just finished this last weekend. My sister had insisted I borrow it because she loved it and I did too! Not just the mystery with Jack the Ripper-esque murders, but also the daily life of a London boarding school. It was all great!
9. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore --another suggestion by my sister! :) The blend of magic and old Texas history really made this an interesting read.
10.Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters by Ben H Winters --I know you're probably thinking "seriously??" on this one but it was actually really good! The original classic was fine but a little slow. With this remake, you get the prim & proper but also the scandalous and serpentine!