Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 End of Year Book Survey

Thanks to The Perpetual Page-Turner for this thought-provoking survey! :) (Since many of these books are mentioned more than once, I'll only link to my review or Goodreads the first time!) And I just realized that I probably should have done my 2012 end of year *before* my 2013 resolutions, but eh, that's not how I roll!

1. Best book you read in 2012?
The Sky is Everywhere; Cannery Row; Anne of Green Gables

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more, but didn't?
Cinder...I *liked* it, but didn't *LUV* it. The Great Gatsby

3. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2012?
Most of the John Steinbeck; Anne of Green Gables

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Time-Traveling Fashionista; Anne of Green Gables

5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Soul Screamers; Gone (started at the end of 2011)

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Rachel Vincent; John Green; Jennifer Echols

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre to you?
Anne of Green Gables; Waiting for Godot

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Echo (thrilling); The Sky is Everywhere & The Summer I Turned Pretty (unputdownable)

9. Book you read in 2012 that you are most likely to reread in 2013?
The Sky is Everywhere

10.Favorite cover in 2012?
Time-Traveling Fashionista books were both super pretty. Bitterblue is gorgeous. Sweet Thursday was a great *vintage* book.

11.Most memorable character in 2012?
Anne of Green Gables...I simply adored this mischievous, red-haired, freckled, lovable child.

12.Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The Sky is Everywhere

13.Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
The Sky is Everywhere; Thirteen Reasons Why

14.Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Summer I Turned Pretty

15.Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2012?
"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library." -Pride & Prejudice

"I'm a coward when it comes to matters of the heart. That is my fatal flaw." -1Q84

"But you can't get away from yourself. You can't decide not to see yourself anymore. You can't decide to turn off the noise in your head." -Thirteen Reasons Why

"It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will." -Anne of Green Gables

 -The Fault in Our Stars


16.Shortest & longest book you read in 2012?
A Christmas Carol (104 pages); Master of Murder (198); some graphic novels
1Q84 (945 pages-actually 3 books, but read as 1); Last Sacrifice: Vampire Academy #6 (594 pages)

17.Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling & dying to talk to somebody about it?
The Winter of Our Discontent; Bitterblue; The Help; The Fault in Our Stars

18.Favorite relationship?
Hazel & Augustus in TFIOS; Anne & Gilbert Blythe in Green Gables; Adrian & Rose in Vampire Academy; Lennie & Joe in The Sky is Everywhere

19.Favorite book you read in 2012 from an author you read previously?
Lola & The Boy Next Door; Bitterblue; Thirteen Reasons Why

20.Best book you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from someone else?
The Sky is Everywhere; The Fault in Our Stars


Blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Lots! A Bookworm Belle, Perpetual Page-Turner :), Makeshift Bookmark, Cardigans, Coffee & Bookmarks, and lots of others!

2. Favorite review/post that you wrote in 2012?
Cannery Row; To Kill a Mockingbird; BSC Super Special #4; Original Play by me: The Bubble Barrier

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Well, I don't get a whole lot of comments, but I always enjoy the ones on the Top Ten Tuesday :)

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?
I have no idea lol...

5. Most popular post this year on your blog?
My TILT: Jewelry for Bibliophiles was linked a bunch on Pinterest. The Top Ten Tuesdays always get lots of comments obviously.  Surprisingly, my review of Edgar Allan Poe got quite a few views.

6. Post you wish got a little more love?
Master of Murder; Baby-Sitters Club All Grown Up, Any of the ones listed above lol...

7. Best bookish discovery?
My Kindle Fire!!

8. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals?
Yep, see Resolutions! Made Goodreads goal of 130 books, read 143. :)


Looking Ahead

1. One book you didn't get to in 2012 but will be your number 1 priority in 2013?
Perks of Being a Wallflower; Fear: Gone #5

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2013?
Isla & The Happily Ever After; Just One Day; Light: Gone #6

3. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2013?
See Resolutions...

No comments:

Post a Comment