1. Draco Malfoy & Severus Snape in Harry Potter. (I probably could have done a Top10 just on Harry Potter characters actually.) Malfoy because he had the ability and the opportunity to be good and decent, but because of his upbringing, he wasn't. Or couldn't. And Snape because he never got to be happy. :(
2. Bella Swan in Twilight. I don't really have to explain this one, do I? ;) Whiny, weak, clinging. Ugh.
4. Anne of Green Gables. Just forgive Gilbert already!! :) Okay, I know she did eventually, but too much time was wasted. Bah.
5. Rose in Vampire Academy. The thing about Rose is she had the potential to be this strong, hardworking, female positive character. In the beginning. Then she just turned into another Bella almost (not nearly as bad though).
1. Haruki Murakami ...okay, granted I've only read 1Q84 so far but why are you so confusing Haruki?? And I still need answers!!
2. John Steinbeck ...how can you do amazing, wonderful, fabulous books like Cannery Row & Of Mice & Men, and then give me The Pearl & The Red Pony?? I want allllll his books to be like the first two. God, I'm so selfish. ;)
3. JK Rowling ...um, this is easy: MOAR HARRY POTTER PLEEZ!!1!!!1 Or pre-HP. Or post-HP. I don't care, more wizarding universe!
4. Ann Brashares for the final Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants book.