Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Facts About Me

I am so bad at these kinds of lists, but I'm going to try my hardest for The Broke & The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday. :) So in no particular order, 10 facts about me. And if you want to know something specific, please ask! I'm an open book. (Get it? Book? heh.)

1. I'm left-handed. I didn't learn how to use right-handed scissors until 9th grade, when a science teacher took pity on me and showed me how to hold them differently so I could use them. I'm still not very good at it. Along with those 2 facts, I am horrible at cutting straight lines or circles. My kindergarten teacher failed me lol.

2. I have been rereading the entire Baby-Sitters Club series since I started this blog (one of the main reasons I started it) way back in 2011. I make all of Claudia's outfits in Polyvore, which is my favorite part. You can see my master list here of all my reviews and other posts concerning the BSC. I haven't gotten very far, just finished #53. I'm going to try to get better at that these next few months though.

3. I recently changed my blog name from Give a Hoot, Read a Book to See Jenn Read (to match all my social media). I didn't realize that this would break all my links, everywhere. :/ (It also broke my search feature and I can't figure out how to fix it!) I am very slowly fixing those. Very slowly. I need to spend a quiet afternoon at the library and work on that.

4. I have 3 sisters (1 bio, 2 step), 1 stepbrother (technically 2, but I don't ever see 1), 1 stepsister-in-law (again, technically 2 lol). I love them all, lots and lots, and would do anything for them. And I'm super proud of all of them. *gushing*

5. I haven't had a Dr Pepper (or any fully caffeinated drink besides tea) in 2 years exactly this week. I hate it. Dr Pepper was my coffee in the morning and I was seriously addicted to it. Yeah, I feel better blah blah blah...but I miss it!! These Timehops pop up routinely lol.
 

6. I am a born and raised Texan. I live between Dallas & Fort Worth. I do not own any of the following: a cowboy hat or boots, a horse, a pickup truck, a gun, a confederate flag. I do not want any of the previous except maybe cowboy boots. :) My mom did own a truck though. I've never seen a Cowboys game, although I did have a Girl Scouts sleepover in the old stadium once. I do listen to country music, along with rock, rap, pop, classical, and lots more. I will NOT be voting for Trump. I love bbq and Tex-Mex. I do not drink sweet tea, gross. I say y'all. A lot.

7. I'm one of those weirdos who really loves Taco Bell. I could eat it 3 times a week and not care. And this is the part that drives my sister crazy: I get the exact same thing every time lol. Chicken quesadilla meal with a bean burrito (no sauce, no onions).

8. Even though my sister and I are 4 years apart (I'm the 2nd one back in this pic with all 3 of my sisters), people think we're twins all the time. And we don't even think we look that much alike lol. (I think it's more how we act.) We can always tell when people are going to ask, because they'll start looking back and forth between us with this confused look. We always say we're going to say "yes, we are twins" but we never do. Facebook also constantly tries to tag me as her, but not the other way around!

9. If you forced me to name a favorite book right this minute, I would probably say Harry Potter. But then I would want to add Anne of Green Gables or Amy & Roger's Epic Detour or Strangers in Paradise or Cannery Row or or or....don't make me choose!

10.Since I can't come up with a last fact, I'll point you to my bio page to read more, semi-interesting, things about me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment