Tuesday, July 19, 2016

TTT: 10 Books Set Outside the US

I'm not sure how hard this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic on The Broke & The Bookish will be, but we'll see how far we get! I have a feeling most of these will be set in England, what do you think?

1. Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins--set in France. this one was easy, it was the first I thought of and I'm sure it will be on everyone's list. I still need to buy a hardbound copy of this (I gave mine to my sister lol).

2. For Real by Alison Cherry--set around the world, lots of different countries. If you love The Amazing Race, this is absolutely the book for you!

3. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery--set in Prince Edward Island, Canada. I don't know if it really matters that this series is set in Canada, but I'm going to count it anyway lol. I love this book so much! I really need to finish the series soon.

4. The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett--set in England. I forgot how much I loved this book until I reread my review! I need to try to find the movie again.

5. Harry Potter--you know where it's set and I don't have to tell you why I chose it. ;)

6. Saga series by Brian K Vaughan--set in outer-space & lots of different worlds. It's not called an "intergalactic love story" for nothing.

7. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes--set in England (I think?). I loved this book and the movie so much. I think the setting really helped in this case too. Especially the castle and Lou's breakdown (one of the scenes that I wish they had put in the movie).

8. The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer--set in New Beijing, France, Africa, the moon, and a bunch more. Obviously, the places are super important for these books. Especially the moon.
(pic from when I got to see Marissa Meyer talk at my local library) 

9. Shades of London series by Maureen Johnson--set in London, duh. ;) The first book is my favorite, a retelling of the Jack the Ripper murders. Bonus: the girl is in American going to a boarding school in London, love!

10.Just One Day by Gayle Forman--set all around Europe (and a bit of US). I just put the first one in the series, because I loved it so much more than the second. (Willem's story) But, put together as a whole, with the short story, they are wonderful. This is a book all about growing up and finding out who you are and adventure and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment