Thursday, August 23, 2012

TILT: DIY Book Crafts

Are you a reader and a crafter? I am, when I'm in the mood lol. I do lots of papercrafts (cards, ATC's, bookmarks, art journaling, etc...), make jewelry, embroider, knit (long, rectangular scarves only please), glue magnets to anything and everything and probably lots more. So I gathered up a few fun possibly DIY book related crafts for today's TILT. If you craft, I want to hear about it and bonus points if it's book related! :) Maybe one of these days I'll share my book related crafties too.

(if you do not want your picture & link listed, 
please contact me & I will remove immediately!)


Labrador Bookends by PBTeen --these didn't start out DIY, but how easy would that be to do? Find some plastic toys at the thrift store, glue them to a block of wood, spray-paint and tada! I love it.

Book Button Bouquet by @JulzReads & found on BookRiot --these are so cute, I'd love to have some sitting on my bookshelf by the window. And these are my kind of flowers, no watering!

Where the Wild Things Are Globe by ArtOnGlobes --this is seriously awesome. Those images are cut out individually so you can still see the map around it. I don't think I could do that (I have issues cutting straight lines sometimes lol), but just covering an old globe with book pages would be neat.

Book Spine Bookmarks by GreenPaper --great way to reuse old books (and you can use the pages for button bouquets or covering globes!) and they were awesome to give some tips and tricks down at the end of their post!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I've never seen the book spine bookmarks before, I have just the book for that craft! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete