Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Posts That Reflect Me

I'm pretty excited about this week's Top Ten on The Broke & The Bookish...10 posts that really show who I am and how I write? Sounds fun!

1. The Book Thief review - I think this was probably some of my best writing. I don't claim to be a superb writer or a super-genius (well, occasionally) I just wanted to start this blog for myself, to write about the books I'm reading and to have fun. This book affected me in a very strong way and I wanted to show that in my review. I think I did, my dad even commented that he really liked my review.

2. Cannery Row review - My second best writing? I think so, this was one my mom liked a lot. :)

3. The Doll People review - this was my very first review and one of my most popular in terms of view counts.

4. The Baby-Sitters Club #1 review - my first BSC book aww...I love snarking on these books, but really, they were my childhood. Going to B Dalton's or Walden's with my dad and sitting on the floor picking thru the books. It was great.

5. The Baby-Sitters Club All Grown Up Kristy - I know I can't be the only one who wonders how these perpetual 8th graders turned out, so these are always fun to do. Plus, extra Polyvore fun lol.

6. If I Stay review - another "serious" review of an excellent book.

7. The Baby-Sitters Club #8 review - Stacey falls for a creeper, Mary Anne falls in LUV for the first time, and the Pike family is introduced. What's not to love?

8. Literary Mixtape - a brand new feature for me. It may end up not being very popular, but I had fun doing it, so that's all that matters right?

9. Literary Death Match Steinbeck - because I'm weird and sometimes weird things happen in my brain and this is one of those times.

10.Top Ten Tuesday 10 Books I'd Turn Into Movies - I think it's okay to have a Top Ten post inside a Top Ten post, don't you? :) This was one of my favorites.

11.Anna & The French Kiss review - I've just decided I'm going to add this to as many Top 10's (11's) as possible. :) I go kind of fan-girly in this, but I think most people do so it's cool.

4 comments:

  1. I love the literary mixtape post, it's a great idea! Awesome musical taste, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love grown-up Kristy! Now you're making me want to go back and read old BSC books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, those are so much fun to make! :) You should, it's a trip lol.

      Delete