Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Loves That Will Last Forever-ever

10 romances/loves that I think will last outside the book? Hmm...interesting topic, The Broke & The Bookish, although a little hard lol.

1. Ron & Hermione -kind of an easy start, since she actually showed them 19 years in the future lol. But I think Hermione is enough like Mrs. Weasley (strong-willed, opinionated, smart, passionate about family) to keep Ron in line.

2. Anna & St. Clair -because I love those crazy kids and they fit in the Top 10 again. :)

3. Shane & Clair from Morganville Vampires -this is just based on thru book 9. I know a lot of people ship (spoiler, highlight to read: Myrnin & Claire, which I do not see at all. /end) but I think these two can keep each other sane and strong in Morganville.

4. Tibby & Brian -Brian understands what Tibby's friends mean to her and he doesn't try to get in the way of that. But he enhances that friendship and makes a special one for just the two of them. He gets when she needs to let out her frustrations on him and when to push her for more. Plus, he's a really cool dude. ;)

5. Katsa & Po from Graceling -these two support and compliment each other in fighting and in love.

6. Lupin & Tonks (from the books, not the movies) -I had to make that distinction, because I really don't think the movies did Tonks or their relationship justice AT ALL. I looooved Tonks in the books, with her bright pink hair, but they made her totally flat and washed-out in the movies. :( Plus, they didn't explore this relationship nearly enough. Tonks makes Remus young again and Remus makes Tonks responsible. I love them more than Harry & Ginny together (blasphemy for many, I'm sure lol).
(cute pic by napalmnacey!)

7. Mia & Adam from If I Stay -do I really need to explain this one? No, I didn't think so. Le sigh.

And that's all I could come up with, without repeating myself a lot more from previous lists. What are your faves? Thoughts? Who did I miss?

8 comments:

  1. My mom just read "If I Stay" and said it was really good. Quick read, from what I hear. Perhaps I'll sneak it into my reading queue! I like Ron and Hermoine as a choice, they would totally make it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is very good (and the sequel also), but very sad. So be warned lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh I loved Lupin and Tonks too! I really wished their relationship was explored more in the films. It was kind of sad that they didn't show Tonks' real personality in the films. I really love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! I'm hoping to read the Morganville Vampire series soon. I recently picked upt he first bind-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love them, I need to get the newest ones pretty soon before I forget everything I've read lol.

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with liking Lupin's and Tonks' relationship more than Harry's and Ginny's! Not blasphemy at all! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete